The Garden Residences – Project Details
The Garden Residences Newest Update
10/3/2017: Showroom expected to open on April/May 2018. Priority Viewers who have not received your verification SMS please call 63879196 for confirmation.
01-03-17: Register your interest with us for priority viewing and advance information.
10-02-18: Official Launch of Development Name: The Garden Residences
31-01-2018: Keppel and Wing Tai wishes all a Happy Chinese New Year in advance!
Arterial Road – Ang Mo Kio Ave 3, Yio Chu Kang Road
From The Garden Residences, drivers are:
- 1 min from CTE
- 1 min to Hougang Ave 3
- 3 mins from Upper Serangoon Road
- Within 15 mins bus ride to 3 MRT Stations
- Hougang MRT
- Serangoon Interchange MRT
- AMK MRT
Important Hubs from The Garden Residences
AMK Industrial Park
- Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 1 comprises 14 blocks of single-storey terrace workshops for clean and light general industrial trades and a canteen. The industrial park is in close proximity to the Ang Mo Kio MRT station and the Central Expressway (CTE).
- Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2 comprises 45 blocks of single-storey terrace workshops and a four-storey block of industrial workshops for motor-related and clean and light general industrial trades. The industrial park is a 10-minute drive away from Ang Mo Kio MRT station, and a four-minute drive away from the Central Expressway (CTE). Three canteens within the estate and nearby eateries and food centres provide a variety of F&B options.
- These parks form the industrial backbone, and consists of numerous SMEs, and MNCs such as Micron Semiconductor Asia, ST Microelectronics, Daikin, and local heavyweights such as Popular, Sheng Shiong, Kulicke and Soffa, Utac, and Singtel Building. The famous Autopoint and AMK Tech Link is also situated here.
Seletar Aerospace Park
- The North Coast Innovation Corridor is a continual stretch of land that dominates the North Eastern part of Singapore hugging the Coast Line, it is a concerted and coordinated effort planned by the government to share the economic activity and growth of the nation to other parts of the island to achieve scalability and higher potential capacity.
- The future North Coast will be an enterprising economic corridor filled with creative design, innovative ideas, and poster technology. Spanning from Woodlands Regional Centre, Sembawang Estate, the future Seletar Regional Centre to the learning corridor and creative cluster at Punggol Town.
- In the long run, the Seletar Regional Centre will have the potential to grow to 2.2 times the size of the Tampines Regional Centre. And conveniently located next to it is the Seletar Aerospace Park, providing a huge range of activities including staff and technical training, engineering research, and aerospace and technology development. The Seletar Regional Centre and Aerospace park is slated and planning meticulously to become a major employment node for residents and people living in the North and North East.
- To meet housing demands for a growing population, Bidadari Estate will be developed into a new public housing estate with a distinct character and sense of history. Envisioned as a tranquil urban oasis, the planning of Bidadari Estate will build on the area’s rich heritage, cherished existing green spaces and multiple public transport links to create a garden living environment
- Click here to read more about the government’s long term and vision for up and coming Bidadari Estate
- Serving the Bidadari Estate
- Bidadari is connected and convenient because of the North East (Purple) and Circle (Yellow) Line. URA has termed Bidadari as a “Community Within a Garden”, and picturesque landscape and open greenery will be very much expected. Bidadari is will be a beautiful, urban oasis where all can seek calm, rest, and build a family.
- Bidadari Park will be located right in the middle of the estate as part of the plan to extend a green lung. Alkaff Lake will be reproduced as part of the heritage recognition of the estate, and thus, a Heritage Walk will also be built as a testament to the beauty and green of the history of the Estate in Bidadari
Food, Entertainment and Shopping Centre
Nex Shopping Mall
- NEX is a regional shopping mall in Serangoon, serving the North Eastern Region. Is it the largest mall in North-East Singapore and one of the largest suburban malls in the country, and is integrated with the air-conditioned Serangoon Bus Interchange and Serangoon MRT Station.
- In 2014, the mall underwent minor renovations, such as renovating a part of Level 1 to incorporate fashion giants Uniqlo and H&M, and relocating Kiddy Palace to level 4. The mall’s tenant mix was also slightly refreshed as well, such as Anytime Fitness opening on the roof level of the mall, and various beauty tenants occupying a part of Basement 1 and Level 1, such as Innisfree, Sephora and jewelry shops such as Svaroski.
Serangoon Gardens and Chomp Chomp
- Chomp Chomp food centre may sometimes appear to be smaller in size compared to other more traditional hawker centres in Singapore, but here in and around Chomp Chomp, the food choices will not disappoint.
- Its location is neatly tucked in a neighbourhood of low-rise private homes and landed estates, exuding charms from its alfresco setting make it an ideal place to enjoy local favourites such as fried Hokkien mee and Satay in the soothing Singapore hot weather.
- Welcome now to perfect venue for supper, but it is always recommended to go early and park yourself at a table outdoors (alfresco style) before the crowd comes in during the peak hours
- Rosyth is the top 3 most oversubscribed school due to the rigorous academia support and focus on a lifelong and balanced approach to learning. Rosyth School’s vision espouses a community of life-long learners who are motivated and competent to learn. As compassionate and active citizens, Rosythians aspire to use their knowledge, skills and talents to care and serve for the betterment of others and the community. Rosythians grow up as leaders in their own lives as they take on different leadership roles in their development, set goals to pursue their dreams and value the talents within themselves, thereby blossoming into confident and fulfilled individuals.
- Rosyth School has a rich history of 61 years and has held to its commitment and dedication to add value to the cohorts of Rosythians in their learning, personal growth and well-being. In 2016, Rosyth celebrated the school 60th Anniversary (RS60) where saw many Rosythians, parents, school staff and stakeholders across the decades come together to celebrate with the theme ‘Appreciate, Affirm, Aspire’. Rosyth’s Parents Support Group’s dynamism and active involvement in school programmes is a signature in Rosyth School. The many school-child-parent programmes by the PSG have strengthened the synergy and positive outcomes for the students.
Zhonghua Primary School
- The school’s name ‘Zhonghua’ originated from the old name for ‘Chung Hwa Girls’ School’ founded by a Chinese clan association in 1911 to provide a basic education for the children of the Chinese community. It was developed into a full school in 1951. The primary school site was at Niven Road and the secondary school site was at Bartley Road with the new name “Chung Hwa Girls’ High School”. It became a government-aided school in 1957. In 1962, to promote better school management, the classes at the two sites had separate principals.
- In 1980, Chung Hua Girls’ Primary School at Niven Road was closed down due to declining enrolment which was a consequence of parental demand for English-medium schools. However, Chung Hwa Girls’ High School accepted its first intake of English-medium pupils. The School moved to Serangoon Avenue 4 in December 1986 and was renamed “Zhonghua Secondary School”.
- Zhonghua Primary School, based on the P101 design, was built next to the Zhonghua Secondary School at a cost of $4.6 million. It is equipped with all modern facilities. It is a government school which started functioning on 2 January 1987 as a single session. It was officially opened by Mr Goh Choon Kang, MP for Braddell Heights on 6 July 1989. The first principal, Mr Tan Eng Chai retired on 2 October 1989. Mdm Jenny Law, became its second Principal from 3 October 1989 to 15 December 1996. Mdm Zahara Yusoff took over as from 16 December 1996 to 15 December 2002. Mr Stephen Chua Tong Hee then took over 16 December 2002 to 15 December 2007. Mr Bucktha Seelan was next appointed Principal on 16 December 2007 and served the school until the end of 2014. The current Principal, Mdm Rostinah was appointed as Principal on 15 December 2014.
- The school was extensively upgraded under PRIME which stands for Programme for Rebuilding and IMprovement of Existing schools between June 2000 and November 2001. The upgrading work has been successfully completed and the school is now equipped with facilities of the latest specifications.
Lycee Francais De Singapour
- The students of the French School of Singapore are mainly of French origin but more than sixty nationalities are also represented. Today, the school welcomes nearly 2,800 students, from Kindergarten to Grade 12.
- The teaching of languages at the Lycée is one of the priorities, all students have the chance, whatever their background, to be able to master several foreign languages (English, Mandarin, etc …) with innovative teaching devices.
- The Lycée Français de Singapour accompanies students until the Baccalaureate, a high school diploma, the French equivalent of the “A” Levels. It gives access to a French and international university curriculum. The success rate of the establishment at the baccalaureate is regularly higher than 95%.
- On a site of more than 54,000 m², the Lycée Français de Singapour offers its students, from Kindergarten to High School, the opportunity to practice many sports and cultural activities. It also gives them privileged access to new technologies thanks to state-of-the-art computer and scientific equipment.
- School of the future, the French School of Singapore has all the assets to ensure children the best opportunities for academic and academic success while promoting their personal development.
Site Info & Price
Site Info and Price
- This land parcel on original address of 15 Serangoon North Avenue 1 has recently been tendered by major and giant property developers, Keppel Land and Wing Tai Holdings. This site was successfully bidded and now will house the upcoming development, The Garden Residences Serangoon, it is an ideal place planned to become a residential condominium ideal for individuals looking to settle in this private and charming area of Singapore.
- The top bid for this highly competitive site for The Garden Residences site reached an impressive $446.28 million from the Joint Venture Developers, worthy also to note with the second-highest bid of $418.7 million having been placed by Frasers Centrepoint’s FCL Residences. Experts and land economists have noted these aggressive bids by many competing property developers recently as a reflection of the rising value and brighter optimism of Singapore’s real estate market.
Price Bid History
- This public tender for a private residential site in Serangoon North Avenue 1 attracted 16 bids.
- Corson and Wingjoy Investment – units of Keppel Land and Wing Tai Holdings – jointly placed the top bid of $446.28 million, the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) said on Thursday (July 27).
- The price works out to about $964.8 per sq ft per plot ratio for the 99-year leasehold plot, which could yield 505 private homes.
- The top bid was about 6.6 per cent higher than the second of $418.7 million tabled by FCL Residences.
- Singland Homes and UOL Venture Investments jointly submitted the third highest bid at $417.2 million.
- The site has a land area of 17,189.1 sq m and permissible gross floor area of 42,973 sq m.
- It was put up for sale under the confirmed list of the Government Land Sales programme for the first half of the year.
URA and HDB Planning for Serangoon Area
- Potential home owners continue to see Serangoon as an attractive choice because of its central location and comprehensive range of amenities. Estate upgrading projects have improved the physical environment in areas such as Braddell Heights and Seletar Hills.
- More residential sites will be made available for development in Serangoon progressively, while the following projects will further enhance the living environment for residents.
- Residents in Serangoon have easy access to several major parks in other north-eastern estates via the existing park connectors, including Bishan-Ang Mo Kio Park via Ang Mo Kio Avenue 5. For green spaces closer to home, residents can look to the various neighbourhood parks and precinct parks in convenient locations within their housing estates. In the coming years, residents will be able to add a few more miles to their exercise paths.
- With the development of new offices at Serangoon Central in future and new industrial developments at Serangoon North, residents of Serangoon can soon expect more opportunities to take up jobs near home and save on commuting time. Going home after a hard day’s work will only mean a short walk or a quick bus ride, and travelling into the city to meet up with friends is also easy via Serangoon MRT station, an interchange station for the North-East Line and Circle Line.
Identity – Serangoon
- Serangoon Garden will be recognised as an identity node to retain its unique character and laid-back charm. Its low- rise landscape is the perfect complement to the variety of local food treasures here, creating a village ambience that distinguishes it from other food hangouts.
- To provide a more memorable experience in this popular enclave and protect its unique character, we will retain Serangoon Garden Circus as a local landmark and formulate street block plans to guide future improvement and development of the area.
Showflat is located along Serangoon North Ave 1
Why Sign up for Showflat Preview?
- Get first hand updates from developer
- Get ebrochure and floor plan
- Secure the VIP discounts *
- Get updates on unit sold
- Non-obligatory showroom preview by developer sales team*
- Do preliminary assessment